Download Sample Obituary
Use this sample template to assist you in writing an obituary.
About Writing an Obituary
- The Post Bulletin now allows families to submit the obituary in paragraph form. The obituary will appear just as you write it.
- We will place an obituary for you in local and/or out-of-town papers of your choosing.
- Obituary charges vary greatly among papers and once the obituary is finalized we will be able to determine what each paper will charge you for running the obituary.
- A copy of the final obituary will also appear, at no charge, on our website, www.mackenfuneralhome.com.
- For families that choose our Simply Cremation Plan, the obituary and service information will not be published on our website because we will not be conducting or overseeing the service.
- If you have any questions, please contact Macken Funeral Home at (507)282-1075
Submit Obituary Online
You are free to submit an obituary in the box below exactly as you would like it to be worded and we will run the obituary exactly as you have entered it.
Tips: We recommend initially typing your obituary in a Word Processing tool such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs. Then, print out the obituary, proofread it at least 3 times, have other family members or friends review the content for errors, omissions, typos, etc. Once finalized, copy and paste the obituary into the box below.